Table of Contents[hide]
- Create Slideshow Category
- Create Slide
- Assign Category
- Set Featured Image
- Slide options
- Sample slide settings
- Add Slideshow to specific page/post
- Global Slideshow Settings
- Revolutions Slider
On the next image and in your dashboard you can see new menu item called “Slideshows”. This is where you can organize and setup your slideshow posts.
Our theme comes with extremely flexible custom full width fluid slideshow.
Using slideshow post settings you can create completely different slides, with background image or in frame, with different layouts for the whole slide or content area only, or even with your custom content.
Create Slideshow Categories
First of all, you need to create categories. Categories used to link your slides for specific page/post and also helps you organize your slides.
I.E.: if you want to create two slideshows, you will need to create two categories and assign slides for first slideshow to first category and other slides for second category.
You can create category before, after or directly during the creation of the slideshow post.
To create gallery category go to Slideshows -> Slideshow Categories
To create a slide, go to Slideshow -> Add new
After that you’ll see content editor (1), where you can find shortcode buttons (2) in visual mode, and lots of metaboxes (3-5) if you scroll down, below the editor. Metaboxes is where you can set differnt settings for your slideshow post, such as: slide settings (5), sidebars (3), featured image(4) etc.
Important steps in creating slides is to „set featured image“(4) and assign category (3).
On the right side you will see your categories. You need to check in which category(slideshow) you want this slide to be displayed.
If you don’t have any categoies yet, then you need to create one.
To do this click + Add New Slideshow Category.
Set Category name and press „Add New Slideshow Category“ button.
* And don’t forget to assign this category to your slideshow post of course.
You need to set featured image for your slide. This image will be displayed in your slideshow.
1. Click „Set Featured Image“ on the right side of the slideshow post edit screen.
2. „Add media“ popup will appear. Upload your image.
3. Then click „Use as featured image“.
„Write your URL“ option allows to to set link to your slide. By default, link will only work for slideshow image, but if you set button text it will also work for slideshow button.
„Link whole slide“ is what you need to check if you set image as background for example.
Slide and content layout
We’ve made layout options for the whole slide and content alignment for better flexibility.
„Slide layout“ comes with 4 possible options:
1,2 Left and Right content. Slide will be divided on two halfs, where one half will contain featured image and the second half slide content and title.
3. Only Image. Only featured image with title will be displayed an will cover the whole slideshow content area (960px). Please note, if you want image to cover the whole slideshow area, then you need to set „Use feature image as background“ and choose „fluid“ for „Background image width“.
4. Full width content. If you set this options, then feature image won’t be displayed. You need to use this option i.e. if you want to set video in slideshow.
„Inner content align“ allows you to align content only inside of the slide.
„Hide title“ (1) – this option allows you to hide slide title. It can be used if you want to have your custom content with multiple titles, columns etc.
„Hide feature image frame for content“ (2) – If you add featured image it will have a frame as you can see on image below. This option allows to turn it off.
„Text for call to action button“ (3) – You can add call to action button by simply adding button text. If there are no text in this filed, button will be hidden. This button will use link from „Link current slide to“ section above.
One of the main features of our slideshow is ability to set featured image as background.
„Use feature image as background of slide“ – if you set image as background, it will be under the slide content and title. Options below only work if you check this option.
„Background image width“ – Fluid option makes image to cover full browser withd. Fixed will cover only slideshow content area (960px).
„Background image repeating“ – this option allows you to make i.e. a pattern background for slideshow.
„Background image vertical position“, „Background image horizontal position“ – vertical and horizontal alignment for the background image.
Sample slide settings
Below you can find examples of a different slide settings.
Slide with image frame and left alignment.
Slide with full width image as background and right alignment for content.
Slide without image and center alignment for content.
Slide without image frame, right alignment for slide layout and left inner content alignment.
Slide with embeded video.
[one_half] <h3 class="entry-title">YOUTUBE, VIMEO OR SELFHOSTED VIDEOS</h3> Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit. [/one_half] [one_half last=last][thvideo w="100%" h="260px"]http://player.vimeo.com/video/34783883[/thvideo] [/one_half]
How to Add Slideshow to specific page/post
Our theme is extremely flexible and allows to set unique slideshow, with unique settigns for each post/page or taxonomies.
1. Choose slideshow type – here you can between our custom JCycle or Revolution slideshows. By default it is set to use global settings (global settings is set in Theme Options ->Slideshows)
2. Choose Revolution Slider (for revolution slider only) – you can create many revolution slideshows, so here you can choose which of revolution slideshows you would like to use.
2. Set slideshow category (for jCycle only)
3. and set max amount of slides for this slideshow (for jCycle only).
You can also adjust different slideshow options specificaly for this page in „Slideshow effect options“ block, such as (these options is for jCycle only):
1. Set slideshow Height.
2. Turn on/off next, previous navigation arrows.
3. Remove paddings
4. Set timeouts and speed
5. Set autoplay and pause on rollover.
You can also set slideshow as global. And your slideshow will be displayed on every page/post. To do this go to Theme Options -> Slideshows, enable slideshow and choose category.
Slideshow custom post types is used only for our custom JCycle slideshow. Revolution slideshow setting and slides are located at Dashboard-> Revolution Slider.